Monday, November 07, 2005

What I'm Listening to #6


pattyloveless
Originally uploaded by Randuwa.
If I'm not careful, I might end up seeming like some kind of rabid red-neck with my penchant for earthy folk and country vocals! But you're as likely to encounter Indian raga, or Mozart on my CD player, so don't be mislead if my recent posts favoring country music. Remember, I'm also listening to Kanye West!

I am a newbee when it comes to Patty Lovelace. And I discovered this album via my new habit of listening to "Imus In the Morning" on my commute to work..... Yet, her powerful voice and expansive choices in songs touches my heart just as old familiars do: women like, Rhonda Vincent, Rosanne Cash, and Patti Griffith. My favorites on this CD are "Same Kind Of Crazy" and her duet with Dwight Yoakam "Never Ending Song of Love".

1 comment:

edieraye said...

I've been listening to Sarah McLachlan's Prayer of Saint Francis. And Lizz Wright's Dreaming Wide Awake. And no, you don't know me. I clicked on the "next blog" link and voila!