Wednesday, February 08, 2006

What I'm Watching #7


makinglove
Originally uploaded by Randuwa.
Like a blast from the past this movie enters my life again...an old friend. Amazing at the time, and kudus to Kate, Harry, and Michael, who all put their chips on the table for this one. Today, we might think it quaint, but in 1982 it was nothing short of radical!

Hear me little ones, for I speak the truth! I remember feeling like I needed to "sneak" into the Kentuckian Theater in Lexington, Kentucky for fear of being seen and outed...the first time I dared to watch this film.

Again I say, Broke Back Mountain?...been there, done that! Ever ready to renounce my past and burn my closet!

Dear "Friends of Dorothy" who've never heard that phrase before, check this piece of Gay historical "personhood" out and laud these courageous actors.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! One from the cinematographic past of my heart! I definitely need to watch it again!

Randuwa said...

Glad to connect...I felt the same way!