Saturday, December 20, 2008

What I'm Watching #177


relaxitsjustsex
Originally uploaded by Randuwa
"Relax... It's Just Sex" is a wonderful little ensemble film about the trials and triumphs of an atypically faithful band of friends. I've belonged to similiar groupings in my life, and in spite of my continuing attempts to maintain cohesion/connection, it doesn't happen. So in that respect this is a bit of a fantasy, too.

And yet, when you think about it, isn't that an almost essential element in any film where the descriptor "romantic" bounces around? The heart wants the world as it ought to be; in this film, a world where all of these delightful characters finds happiness and love.

Jennifer Tilley puts in another endearing performance and her cast mates are more than up for the challenge of matching her talents. I also really enjoyed Lori Petty and Mitchell Anderson's work as Robin and Vincey respectively.

Get this one, you won't be disappointed.

No comments: