Monday, January 18, 2010

Cafe La Ruche

My 1st semi-annual check-up done on MLK Jr. day, I left my doctor's office and drove on up into Georgetown. On a quiet holiday morning with a warm sun like today, it was the perfect place to go strolling and treat myself to a wonderful brunch at one of the most wonderful little restaurants in the world. Cafe La Ruche is a quaint and cozy French restaurant with all of the charm of a Parisienne sidewalk cafe. I first dined there in 1994, and I confess I do not dine there nearly as often as I should. Today I had the most divine Eggs Benedict with Spinach (instead of ham). The golden cream of the poached eggs melted into the hollandaise sauce with every yummy bite. It came with a side of roasted potatoes, and I used the little spuds to capture as much of the yokes and hollandaise as I could slather upon them.
Visiting D.C.? You won't be disappointed by a meal at La Ruche! Also check out their website. It includes sample menu items, monthly recipes, and music selections from bands who occasionally perform there.

No comments: