Thursday, August 05, 2010

Wednesday's Lunch Treat

My father's name was Bill and my mother's Virginia. So where did I stop for a late lunch in Richmond, VA yesterday? It's a no brainer! At Bill's Virginia Barbecue, I got the sliced pork combo featuring a melt in your mouth sliced pork sandwich on a white bun dressed in a hickory vinaigrette barbecue sauce and cole slaw. The side was a nasty basket of thick fries. A once in a lifetime experience...that is ONCE. Once is enough!

The entire waitstaff and kitchen crew was made up of middle aged African American women. And while I waited I was entertained by a lively discussion of the pros and cons of knee replacement surgery versus physical therapy. It was two customers attempting to influence their obese black cashier on her future surgical options. The white lady was all for surgery, the black man promoted PT. My order arrived, and I excused myself from the drama graciously... Although, I thought she ought to go for Laparoscopy, if it was available to her!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.