Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

At one point today at work a colleague got an automated message that a major highway in the region was just shutdown due to an accident. It was a couple of hours away from early dismissal and anyone who uses that road began to chatter about it. A new member of the staff entered and was being apprised of the situation that would likely effect her commute, too. The people in the room all said at once: "270 north is closed," "It's a mess," "Traffic is backed up!". She asked, "What's clogging the road?" And I said, matter-of-factly, "Cholesterol". My one friend, M. shot me a look and said, "I get you--I love that." And I thought, it's great to be "gotten" by a cadre of amazing people I can call friends. And that's what I will be "Thankful" for come tomorrow! I hope those of you with big plans and hungry hoards to feed get through everything with grace and good results. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments: