Saturday, February 23, 2013

Kitchen Renovation Up-date: Appliances

The contract has been signed and the cabinets have been ordered. Hopefully by mid-March the work will commence and by early April, I will have a modern kitchen. In the meantime, the dreaming continues! For the Dishwasher, Double Range and Microwave/Hood I'm looking at Frigidaire's Gallery series. A leading manufacturer of up-scale homes in the region uses these appliances in the homes. Consumer reports rates them Excellent to Very Good on most performance aspects. The double range is particularly intriguing to me as I use an oven often in preparing meals. This one is electric (as I have not gas line in my kitchen) and features ovens of different sizes, which I feel gives me more possibilities than two medium sized spaces. The four heating elements come with a total of 6 options and there is a fifth element for warming items. The only appliance not in the Frigidaire line is the Refrigerator! That's odd, eh? This Electrolux model comes with an optimal capacity given my limited space (counter depth of 28") and lovely details like gliding chillers and shelves. Also it is well rated by Consumer reports.

No comments: