Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Kitchen Renovation: Update Granite And Backsplash

Kitchen update: Granite countertops are in! As is most of the sink plumbing and some of the backsplash. You can see how I combined the stainless steel subway tile with the border and then the multiple glass and travertine. I had just asked my contractor to add in the subway tile behind the range to the microwave. SO glad I did that!


This give a good look at how the components work together from the floor to the cabinets to the appliances to the counterop to the backsplash.


From my thoughts about this renovation project, I wanted to move the sink, and I am so glad that I did. This is always going to be a cozy kitchen 8" x 12", and moving the sink allowed me to imbed the dishwasher under the countertop.


The way that the elements work together is very pleasing to me.  Both clean and classic but also dramatic is a way that achieves the right balance to me.


The results of the stainless steel subway tiles forming a sorta of faux chimney feature between the stove and the microwave.

1 comment:

Althea Tumlin said...

Great choice! That stainless tile complements the granite countertop. I that hope the plumbing was successful and you don't experience any leaks because we don't want to see your beautiful wooden floor get ruined. Are those components customized? Nicely done. If I have a kitchen as nice as this, I would volunteer to cook every morning. Keep the cool posts coming! :)