Saturday, August 26, 2017

Summer Vacation Redux #5: Kansas City: Kansas City Actor's Theater @ Union Station

I finished the day (Aug 12) of my Total Eclipse cross-country road trip with an evening at the theatre.  I am a great fan of live theatre and enjoy catching local productions whenever I can.  August is a notoriously slow month for local theatre troops, but I managed to find this production of "Then There Were None" by Agatha Christie performed by the Kansas City Actor's Theatre.  Their theatre space is at the Union Station complex and this performance was actually opening night! 


From the start it was pitch perfect.  Every character--a sort of caricature of who done it suspects was played to a perfect tee by this wonderful group of actors.  Bravo to everyone involved, costumes, sets, lighting, even the crafty special effects of the missing statues was pure delight. 






No comments: