Monday, June 12, 2006

Bad Hair Day?


bighats@worldcup
Originally uploaded by Randuwa.
There are other options! I love these photos from the opening ceremonies at the World Cup in Germany. Two of the many performers who paraded and danced in the stadium for the crowd.

Thus far, not too much to be surprised about, which is unfortunate for the US team. Shut out by the Czech Republic and next to face Italy fresh off of their victory over Ghana.... As these things usually go, the group E winner will probably be Italy or the Czech Republic. My joy is presently found in group D and Mexico. I had such a joyous conversation with my friend Mr. R. in Veracruz after their victory over Iran. We in the US really do fail to comprehend just how exciting this is for the rest of the world.

I imagine a rather predictable final four: Germany, Brazil, Argentina and France. And since the likelihood of getting all four of these correct is unlikely, I'd love to see Mexico up-set Argentina, or the U.K. rout Germany.

No comments: