Saturday, March 31, 2007

Spring "Break" From My Gardens #1


wildgingerblossoms,jpg
Originally uploaded by Randuwa.
Having started my Spring Break officially today (and just a little earlier than I had originally planned--thanks to my ex- And that's an endearing caveat!), I have come to believe that this is the most beautiful Spring I've ever experienced in my 13 years here.

Por ejemplo, it's the first year that my tulip magnolia has flourished in blooms unhindered by a late blast of cold air and bitter frost.

The image accompanying this post is of the blossoms of the wild ginger planted many years ago in the lower corner of my backyard. The blooms arrive suddenly and seem to quickly disappear. Mounds of lime green Hellebores dance in the breeze above them. Their arrival a celebration.

No comments: