Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Summer House Painting #3


garagedoor
Originally uploaded by Randuwa
Well, you saw what I imagined the door would look like using my computer, so now here's the real thing. The back door of my attached garage.

I must be doing something right, because between the renovations on the sun porch and painting, my estranged neighbor has decided to undertake a sort of detante. We hardly speak and haven't spoken in....well, shame to say it....years. I hear about his criticism of me from my other neighbors, so I know he knows I exist; but who in life needs another critic? -- especially one that lives right next door...

Anyway, he's brought peace offerings, 4 lovely hostas; or as much of them as our neighborhood deer had not yet eaten -- they resemble what I imagine hostas look like in Morticia Adam's garden, but it's the thought that counts. He also shared how he thought the light green of the trim reminded him of a house in the town where he grew up. He refered to it as pistacio ice cream colored-house; which I have to admit, is pretty right on.

Who knows where these home improvements could lead?

No comments: