Sunday, October 21, 2007

My Quilting Ways #03


chinesecheckersquilt
Originally uploaded by Randuwa
This is my third quilt, and it was inspired by the Chinese Checkers gameboard that my grandmother always had for me and my sister to play during our summer visits. We'd play for hours on those warm July afternoons sitting on her front porch, munching her homemade chocolate chip cookies, and stopping to chat with neighbors who would happen by.

The quilt features a game in progress with purple and green "marbles"--circular appliqués with extra batting to make them puff up off of the surface of the quilt. Quilted onto each of the corners are Chinese floral design motifs representing the four seasons. It's handquilted, also by yours truly. Someday, I hope my neice acquires it...but who's to say?

No comments: