Thursday, March 18, 2010

Latest Lego Re-Creation

Well, they did it again!

Lego's latest City Factory model is a department store that is a corner model with 3 stories. It is really well designed, but that didn't stop me from expanding upon it!

With bricks from multiple sets I extended the height of the floors by one brick--had to comply with my city building code. I then added another floor to make it four stories tall, and took the operation to a another block long with a second plate extension of the original. On the interior I planned floors in the new section that would allow for a two-story display from the ground floor with a grand balcony. Finally, I added a roof top exit that would make the idea of the window washer access more realistic.

It's a great set as is, and a set that is easily modified. God, I love Legos!

No comments: