Friday, March 19, 2010

NCAA 2010 March Madness!

I love March Madness. I love it because it's all about chance, and luck, and skill, and timing shaken up and tossed out. I fill in my brackets, play the odds and wait to see what's going to happen!

After 24 of the 32 first round games, I chose 15 correctly, and 9 not. Here's the interesting thing to me, too. The level of upsets in the past round one games is rarely over 20%, so I played my choices with this in mind; however, in the first 24 games, the upsets in the rankings has been 38%. A better year for the underdogs? Perhaps. The final 8 games will tell the final story on this.

Whatever comes of the remainder of the first round, a lot of highly esteemed teams are done for the season. Just ask the young men from Georgetown, Vanderbilt, Baylor, or Temple to name the most glaring up-sets. And I don't mind being wrong when the energy goes to the odds long underdog. It's what puts the madness in "March Madness".

But for the record, I'm still seeing a Syracuse/Kentucky final with an 8th National Championship for Kentucky.

No comments: