Sunday, July 11, 2010

Felicitones España!

We have a new World Cup Champion, and a team that has never before been in the final 4: Spain!

Given what we've come to know of Paul the Octopus, it really could have been a much cheaper and quicker outcome had we relied solely upon his psychic powers. A word of disclaimer here: I love certain animals more than others, and I can't even tell you why. I love Elephants. I love Chimpanzees & Bonobos. I love Praying Mantis, Carpenter Bees and Monarch Butterflies. And I love Octopi. Creatures know stuff. Stuff we don't. Stuff we need to know..... but I digress!

I also love soccer. It's such a demanding physical sport. The players need to work as a team to be successful. They need to be svelte, full of endurance, and innately gifted in terms of Kinesthetic and spacial prowess. Gifts that they may not even imagine that they have.

Today team Spain won the World Cup for the 1st time in the competition's history. And they played the better match to deserve the title. In the end, what else needs to be said?

No comments: