Tuesday, July 13, 2010

New Place To Shop

I think that I've shared how there is an embarrassment of riches when it comes to grocery stores in my neighborhood. Within a 3 mile radius of my house there's a Safeway, Best Way, ExpoMart, Shopper's Food Warehouse, Aldi, Atlantic, Giant, India Foods Warehouse, Red Apple Farm. Now add to that list this H & A Supermarket. I've been there a couple of times now and they have a really wide variety of produce and lots of wonderful greens. And their prices are primo. I can also count on finding things like fresh been sprouts and oyster mushrooms there every time I go.

Does anyone know what to do with a jackfruit? I was fascinated, even tempted by them today, but being that I live alone and they were twice the size of medium sized watermelon with burnished dull brassy skin some akin to an elephant's hide, I was able to resist buying one.

No comments: