Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Countertops And Paint Colors, Oh My!

I also ducked out after the Fence crew arrived and visited the Granite contractors just to get some idea of what was possible. What I found was this lovely natural granite that comes in a "leather" finish, which is slightly textured. I fell in love with it. It's light, it has some great variation for interest thought it's not crazy busy (more variation than this little sample shows), and the surface isn't glass smooth shiny. I don't like that. Polished granite reminds me of grave stones not kitchens. And best of all the manager of Marmara Corporation Marble & Granite is a lesbian named Vania who is just kick ass good and cool. I love keeping my business within the "family" as it were. Additionally, I found the wall color that I will paint the available walls with, "Driftwood" from the Martha Stewart Living collection at Home Depot.

No comments: