Saturday, September 21, 2013

Little Free Library #8921 Open

The slanted tiles was not a good option, so I started out by tiering them into steps.  I have some more refining to "finish" them, but I still officially opened my Little Free Library today.

I inaugurated it with 15 books:


An anthology of Native American Folktales
"Stranger at the Gate" ~ Mel White
"The Good Book" ~ Peter Gnomes
"Gilead" ~ Marilynn Robinson
"The Confederacy of Dunces" ~ John Kennedy Toole
"The Celtic Way of Prayer" ~ Esther de Waal
"God: A Biography" ~ Jack Miles
 "All Over But the Shouting"  ~ Rick Bragg
"The Collected Poems of Emily Dickinson"
"A Book of Luminous Things: An International Anthology of Poetry" ~ ed. by Czeslaw Milosz
"Weekend Handmade: More than 40 Projects and Ideas for Inspired Crafting" ~ Kelly Wilkinson
"The DaVinci Code" - Dan Brown
"The Enlightened Heart: An Anthology of Sacred Poetry" ~ ed. by Stephen Mitchell
"The Tale of Despereaux" ~ Kate DiCamillo
"Blizzard's Wake" ~ Phyllis Reynolds Naylor

They cover genre's like memoir, fiction, poetry, children's and young adult.  3 won prizes, Pulizter, National Book, Newberry, etc.

It's a beginning.  I can't wait to see what my neighbors contribute!

No comments: