Saturday, August 16, 2014

Broken Pots Planter?

I got this idea from a post of Bored Panda (dot) com.
 First, you assemble a range of plants.  I went to a local nursery and purchased mostly terrarium plants because they are both interesting and cheap!
 The article featured creations with "fairies," but I decided based on a recent visit to a local toy store to buy some animals and make my theme a safari.  The plastic figurines are hand painted from the Germany company Schleich.
 Next I assembled a couple of broken pots and then broke a couple more to use in the construction of a broken pot form from which to create the Broken Pot Safari Garden.
 Once the layers are outlined, I started to add the plants.
 By separating and repeating some of the plants, the whole composition has a more natural look.  The tall fern and palms at the top are the focal point, while the orange flowering succulents create splashes of interest.  Once all the dirt was compacted, I added natural aquarium gravel to the bare spots before adding in the animal models.
 And Voila!

Plus a little Fennec Fox surprise on the back side.

No comments: