Sunday, November 22, 2015

Cheesy Spinach Baguette Boat

This one was inspired by a post shared by my friend, Jared .  But, of course, I had to change it around.  In doing so, I will rename this Spinach Baguette Boat.  Keeping it simple.

 Ingredients:

Eggs
Heavy Whipping Cream
Spinach
Swiss Cheese
Shallot/s
Pancetta
French Baguette
salt and pepper


Start by cooking the Pancetta.  I love this stuff.  (If you can't find this, dice up 4 slices of bacon).
 Next, prepare the other ingredients:  Chop the Spinach (I used just over half the bag), Shred the cheese (I used just under half the block), Dice the Shallot, and have the cooked Pancetta ready.
 Prepare the Baguette.  In hindsight I would have looked for one that was not split diagonally.  It would have been a little easier to hollow out.
 Hollow out the Baguette.
 To the filling: place five eggs in a mixing bowl and scramble then mix in 3/4 cup of Heavy Whipping Cream.
 Next mix in the Shallot, Pancetta, Spinach and Cheese.  You may opt to toss in some freshly ground black pepper and salt here.
 Fill the Baguette boat.  This is messy.

Place on baking sheet.  I didn't have one big enough, but it was just big enough.  Bake at 350˚ for 30 minutes.
 ACK!  My boat sprung a leak!  Not worry, no harm done.  I just trimmed away the excess.  Let cool for 15 minutes to set, and...
 It turned out fine!

No comments: