Sunday, February 19, 2017

Meatless Stuffed Manicotti

This is a special treat. My vegetarian stuffed Manicotti. In a food processor I combine walnuts, mushrooms, carrots, red and green pepper, celery and onion with some dried mustard, cayenne powered, cumin powder, oregano and salt. Then I mix in shredded mozzarella cheese and stuff the manicotti. Place this on a bed of spaghetti sauce, add a little more sauce between the shells and top with more mozzarella. Bake at 350˚ for 50 minutes. It is so good and you'd think it was meat, but you won't miss that it's not!


This is how I made it today:

3 medium Carrots which I chopped up and then processed into a good shred.
1/2 Cup chopped Walnuts that I also processed (Then I removed these to a mixing bowl.
(With the processor that I have it's hard to get even results when combining hard and softer veggies.)
Next I added (all roughly chopped) 1 medium Onion, 2 stalks of Celery, 1/2 a green Bell Pepper and 1/4 a red Bell Pepper and 8 oz pkg of Button Mushrooms. After this was pretty well ground up, I added the spices and mixed it some more.
1/2 tsp ground Cumin
1/2 tsp ground Mustard
1/2 tsp Oregano flakes
1/4 tsp Cayenne Powder
1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
Combine this with the Carrot/Walnuts and 1 C shredded Mozzarella Cheese. Then I stuff this in Manicotti shells. It will easily make 10-12 shells.

No comments: