Sunday, November 12, 2017

Chicken Noodle Soup

Cold day in Washington, DC... perfect solution? Chicken noodel soup! 

When I get a hankering for some, I stop by my favorite little grocery--the real deal, totally old school--Snider's off of Georgia Avenue on Seminary Road in SIlver Spring and pick up a roasted Chicken the day before. That evening dinner consists of the dark meat and the next day the breasts get cubed as part of my soup. 

Other Ingredients include:

Knorr condensed Chicken stock
1 diced Onion
8 oz button mushrooms
Carrots (today it was 5 long, but rathers small ones)
2 stalks Celery & a lot of celergy greens
1/4 tsp dill
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Salt to taste (probably about 1/4 tsp, too)
Chicken breasts, cubed
and 2/3 package egg noodles

Sometimes I add some lemon zest, too.

No comments: