Thursday, July 14, 2005

Music I'm Listening to....#2


pattygriffin
Originally uploaded by Randuwa.
Another confession: I'm a total "diva" magnet. I love the sultry voice of a talented woman. In fact, it's my belief that when I step off of the boat onto the shores of Heaven, the "manifestation of God" that will greet me will be a flashy, little, old Black woman in a leopard skin jacket, skirt, and pill box hat (a la Diann Arbus' photograph)...none other than Ella Fitzgerald.

Outrageous? Have you honestly considered the claims of present day belief systems lately? But I digress...

So may I commend to your consideration the works of Patty Griffin? An utterly amazing vocalist, her country/bluesy songs will leave you whipped...in a good way. The best friend you can have on a cloudy, dismal day: be that a day of unwelcome weather, or a day of internal sadness.

Promise.

No comments: