Sunday, September 03, 2006

Art I'm Seeing #9


kleeinamerica
Originally uploaded by Randuwa.
Went to the Klee exhibition at the Phillips Collection this afternoon.

Klee is so playful and delightful. These works inspire me to play with my fabrics and quilts. The show is nice. Not amazing, but nice.

What is amazing is the renovated Phillips Collection museum. So much more space for art. So many rooms dedicated to the works of one or two related artists. SO MANY wonderful paintings from the vaults of the collection that I have never before seen.... And photographs, too!

The addition includes an intimate space on the back of the museum for sculptures and two were installed at the time of my visit. The more interesting to me was the Ellsworth Kelly piece: a minimalist work in bas-relief.

Planning a trip to DC? Plan to visit the Phillips Collection.

No comments: