Monday, May 14, 2007

Our Latest American Hero #83


larryiguyton
Originally uploaded by Randuwa.
Army Pfc. Larry I. Guyton, 22, of Brenham, Texas; assigned to the 1st Battalion, 5th Cavalry Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division, Fort Hood, Texas; died May 5 in Balad, Iraq, of wounds sustained when an improvised explosive device detonated near their vehicle during combat operations May 4 in Baghdad.

[Usually I post an article from a local paper with the DoD announcement. This time I’m posting memorials from a wonderful site called “Legacy.com” The sight allows people to send messages to the families of the dead, and in this case, to the soldier himself. I found these very moving.]

May 13, 2007

Staff Sergent Larry I. Guyton

This is mom letting you know that you are loved very much. Words can not explain how my heart hurts to know that I will never hear from you or see you. But I know that you are in a better place and you are watching out for us. I'm at peace with you passing on because I could not bear to see you suffer. I hope in your last hours that you knew that I loved you and I'm very proud of you. I couldn't have asked God for a better son.
Loved mommy
  
A. M. (Brenham, TX)

May 12, 2007

Lil Larry this is your Aunt K., I love you and truly miss you. My heart is heavy and my checks stained with tears, but I know that you are truly in Heaven. You were an angel here on Earth, now you are with Jesus helping to keep all your love ones safe. What you did in Iraq was protect those we thought need our protection. Now you are really helping to protect the whole world. The times we spent together will always be in my memories, you were always a bright light, and full of laughter. When I think of all the good times it makes me laugh and smile. Ke. misses you also. She is young but her words have given me more comfort than any one at this time. She said to me last weekend Mama I did not want Lil Larry to die, but now he will never have to suffer, and he is in a better place, with God and my papa. I pray and ask God every day to give us all the strength to make it through and I know it will only be by the grace of God that we will get through this time. Family I want you all to remember the person that Larry was, he was good, kind, loving, and always had a smile for everyone. Now is the time for all to think about how we can live by his example. To Big Larry and L. I know that this is a great loss, but I just want you both to know that you gave us a great gift, and Thank you.

Love K. G. (Giddings, TX)

May 11, 2007

Words could never replace the sorrow or grief in times like this. I watched little Larry grow up with my son EJ and they were close friends and class mates. As I spoke with my son on yesterday, he is still devistated over Larry's death and he realize they have suffered a great loss in such a wonderful person, as many have stated. I realize that life is so uncertain, and my heart hurts for each of you. I only know, "What Prayer Can Do". We will continue to pray for the family and we encourage all to continue to look to God, and hold on to his unchanging hands.

Be blessed,
E. L. Sr. (Chappell Hill, TX)

No comments: