Monday, May 14, 2007

What I'm Listening To #'s 27 & 28


twonewboychicks
Originally uploaded by Randuwa.
You know how much I love music. It’s a harmonic thing involving my soul and the universe. And so I’m always looking for something new -- and new means that I haven’t heard it before, as opposed to recent!

Here are my latest discoveries.

On the left MEET:

JOSHUA KLIPP

You can access his MySpace site @:

http://www.myspace.com/cutelittlewhiteguy

What’s not to love about a sexy, talented young man who claims the following for his inspiration -- "chet baker, ella fitzgerald, brian mcknight, frank sinatra, earth wind & fire, babyface, d'angelo?" He amalgamates and channels each well and with enthusiasm.

On the right MEET:

DARREN HAYES

An Australian singer with a couple of years of experience. He only just came out as gay. Here are the lyrics from the beginning of his 2005 single, “So Beautiful”:

"Whether I’m right or wrong, there’s no phrase that hits;
like an ocean needs the sand, or a dirty old shoe that fits.

"And if all the world was perfect I would only ever want to see your scars.
You know they can have their universe, we’ll be in the dirt designing stars.

"Darling, you know that you make me feel so beautiful...
No where else in the world I want to be --
you make me feel so beautiful..."

You can see more of him and his work at his MySpace page:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2029149259

An older guy thought: as the late great Maude Flanders was famous for crying, “Won’t someone think of the children?!” These boychicks are our children, so check them out and if you like what you hear support their music.

No comments: