Friday, January 16, 2009

Fortunate Friday!


fortune
Originally uploaded by Randuwa
After a long week at work, I decided to stop by a local Chinese Take Out for dinner. My choice was influenced by my need for gas, and so I went to Panda China off of Riggs Road nearest to the closest Shell station to my home. Immediately it was apparent that while it was 14˚ outside, inside this store front establishment it had to be all of 18˚! They had NO heat. I made my order and waited. And waited, and waited....and froze and still waited.

Naturally, most people would have left at the first sign of no heat; but having lived in China, I'm more tolerant of such things--they add a layer of authenticity to the restaurant.

When the food came, the hostess added two sodas gratis to apologize for the wait. And, as if to add icing to the cake, the fortune cookie offered this blessings: "You look pretty". Ha! Don't we all?

No comments: