Saturday, January 24, 2009

Lego Factory Series #11


legocityblock
Originally uploaded by Randuwa
A friend recently asked me about my Lego® building models and if I keep them or tear them down. I am keeping them. Here's what they look like together in the form of a city block.

In the world of Lego mathematics, the standard square building plate is 32 x 32 pegs. The block is designed at 160 x 64 pegs (5 plates long and 2 plates deep).

The top image shows buildings that are completely of my creation; only the first two in the bottom photo are mine. The rest of purchased kits that I have altered by combining multiple kits to increase building height/width. These kits were my inspiration for the rest.

I'm imagining another block and currently working through the design of an apartment with Chinese restaurant below, and a movie theatre with stage capabilities. Brownstones also interest me.

I'm telling you. You want to give a gift that will inspire a kid to imagine and create?--then buy Legos® by all means.

No comments: