Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow DAY!


ngajan2709
Originally uploaded by Randuwa
The thing all teachers live for; and frankly, I didn't see this gift coming. My image was a trip to school, and early dismissal, and commute home from HELL...

But gratefully it was a gracious day instead.

So what's a body to do? I've squandered plenty of days in my life. Felt more ambitious today. Went to Mark's Kitchen for a quite brunch and read through some essays for work. Then to the National Gallery of Art on the Mall in DC via the Metro.

NGA was practically empty! I can't remember the last time I was able to spend hours touring an exhibit without any sense that I was in anyone's way or tired of the inane babble of those around me. It was a gift.

Afrerwards I walked the Mall in the lightly falling snow and ended up at the Freer Gallery of Art for a lazy visit to this quietest of all gems. Snow days rock!

No comments: