Monday, August 17, 2009

My Quilting Ways #16

I shared a couple of the circle patches from this quilt earlier; here, the finished product.

It's a work about diversity: Circles in vibrant colors appliqued against a criss-cross background of white on point squares under a grid of an off-white fabric with a pure white pattern. Subtle versus brilliant. Rigid versus organic. Bland versus vibrant. Conflict drives everything toward resolution, the difference gives everything energy, the journey deeper discovery.

And it's just kind of pretty, too.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this one!

Randuwa said...

Barbara,

I'll bring it to school next week.

lindy said...

Randy, this is stunning.
Going back to your twelve-tribes idea... Isn't this sort of a breast plate motif? I think it would be amazing to have the breast plate made into something you can wrap around yourself. Whadda ya think?

Randuwa2 said...

Honestly, I hadn't really thought of it that way before now. THANKS!