Saturday, September 12, 2009

My Gardens -- The Tropics!

Welcome to the tropics, on my deck! I know, it's not exactly Amazonia, and no self respecting orangutan would let me delude myself for an instant that I was anywhere near Borneo. Yet, in a wonderful way, tending to these palms and various tropical understory plants gives me a sense of kinship with more verdant climes. The mish mash of plants contained only further establishes the fantasy with offerings tossed together that would never be joined in the wild. Plants native to Central America, Equitorial Africa and the Asian sub-continent thrive comfortably together in these two faux ancient Greek planters!

When the leaves fall and before the first frost, they'll both move to the Sunroom to survive the winter. Another experience that their feral relatives could never imagine.