Monday, December 21, 2009

Lego Factory Series #13

I haven't posted anything from my lego creations in a while. This is a 4 story walk-up apartment with an adjoining diner. The challange was to create a structure to fit onto a narrow corner, and the choice of the diner was a natural.
Yet, a diner wouldn't work over a two deep lot and so I attached it to the larger building. Orgininally only 3 floors tall, I also decided to replicate the top floor twice and give it the additional floor, which I think gives it a much more solid appearance in contrast to the diner's simplier more streamlined profile.
Seen here without the palm trees, you can see how I incorporated elements from the rail cars to enhance it's vintage sensibilities.

3 comments:

Lindy said...

Right. I like the little windows above the diner. Very well done, Randy. And, I love the palm trees!

Randuwa said...

Thank You! I'm looking forward to sharing my newest structure: a Chinese Restaurant/Florist Shop with apartments.

Hun How!

Lindy said...

;) Hun how!