Sunday, November 07, 2010

What I'm Watching #254

You know I'm a Law & Order fan, and so I jumped at the news that a version was available from the United Kingdom. A version created by Dick Wolf.

Like other spin-offs, I assumed it was an original series. But alas, it was just a rework of original Law & Order scripts tweaked to make sense to an English audience. There are a total of 13 episodes, and I was pissed at the rip-off by the end of the 4th. But then I could see the value in the way the episodes were tweaked from the originals.

Other positives:

1) The actors: I really like the two detectives. The relationship is between an older experienced copper and a young one. (And the young one is amazing eye candy!--James Bamber) The Crown Prosecutor is also very compellingly played by Ben Daniels. And all of the wonderful British actors that are new to me and some that are not.

2) The language: I love the words...Nicked, Brilliant, Result, Mate, Bloke, Governor, etc....

3) The similarities: The "ching ching" at major scene shifts. The dichotomy between the cops and the courts. The actual choices of original episodes to "nick."

It's a interesting concept and I understand that there are 4 seasons. So I'm on board.

No comments: