Monday, June 13, 2011

Earth Postage Stamps--Peacemaker Series


As a lifelong stamp collector, I've been lamenting the demise of postage stamps. The loss of sending tangible, personal, private communications to one another via unique and personal formats seems nothing short of tragic.

It is a paradigm shift that is ill-experienced between technologically advanced nations and those that remain largely in the cyber past. Rather than loose a franchise (letter writing), it might be better to transform it to a global scale.

So here's my attempt at reviving it: make it global and standard pricing. I'd start with 50¢ for a letter under 250 grams. And I inaugurate my "Earth" postage with a Peacemaker series featuring Bob Marley. The price is split between the sending nation and the sender. Letter sent within a country contribute all the price to the national postal industry.

I am not a trilateralist, but I do believe that until we come to terms with our future as a species in harmony with all other species, we are little more than nationalistic parasites. Cheers!

No comments: