Friday, July 08, 2011

Definitive Postage

I fell asleep on the porch swing this afternoon as the rain blessed the earth thinking about the comely Dr. Ghosh who is hopelessly infatuated with the formidable Dr. Hemaltha who just delivered the twin sons of Dr. Stone who denied them in the presence of the splayed body of their mother Sister Mary Joseph Praise who died in the battle that was their birth at the hospital called Missing in Ethiopia in 1950 something... Such dreams!--"Cutting for Stone".

To distract myself from Addis Ababa, I returned to my "Earth Stamp" series and began working on definitives.

Definitives are the odd denomination stamps that are always there to add to other postage when needed. My theme is National & Marine Parks of the Nations of the earth. I began with 1¢ to 10¢ and chose parks in Indonesia, Zimbabwe, Venezuela, Finland, the United States, Greece, Ethiopia, Madagascar, New Zealand, and Nicaragua.

The series will eventually contain 100 stamps. Here are my first 10.











I have actually been to two of these. Come on now, guess which two?

No comments: