Saturday, April 07, 2012

What I'm Listening To #109

It's been a good while since I shared some of the music that is framing my world. So I am giving a series of reviews here.

Clarence Bekker is one hot Mother-fucker. Ain't no denying it. And he has a voice and a passion for singing that is as electrifying.

For the past couple of years, he has hitched his wagon to the good folks at "Playing For Change" as they seek to create a movement around music and music education that might bring hope and a brighter future to children in places like Nepal, Mali, South Africa & Rwanda. It's an amazing undertaking which has also enlisted some wonderful musicians like Clarence.

On this CD, he sings through some very classic and for the general audience obscure old school soul tunes. I liked it. It did not match the power or passion that I've come to expect from him, but it did broaden the scope of my musical lexicon.

No comments: