Tuesday, June 26, 2012

American Icon of Summer: Potato Salad!


I believe in keeping it simple (sort of) 5 ingredients + mayonnaise and garnish:

1) Yukon Gold New Potatoes
2) Celery
3) Sweet Pepper (Red, Orange or Yellow)
4) Sweet Gerkins
5) Green Olives with Pimento

6) Dukes Mayonnaise
7) Paprika to garnish

To prepare potatoes, I roast them with a little olive oil and chopped garlic the evening before and then cut them into bite-sized sections the next morning. I also buy the olives already chopped--saves time. I like Dukes mayonnaise for this recipe, because it's creamy and doesn't assert a strong taste allowing the sweet of the pickles and pepper and the salty of the olives to dance on your tongue.

One caveat, I sometimes also include hard boiled eggs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious! We just starting digging our potatoes today.

Randuwa2 said...

Great sight. Best wishes!