Saturday, November 08, 2014

My Baby

After our walk in the park, my boy was pretty tuckered out.  So he went to our bed to sleep, per chance to dream of walking in the creek again.
I would not know how to begin to explain to anyone just how much my life's quality has improved in the presence of Romeo.  Not that it was ever bad before.  I was humming along very fine thank you!  And the idea of taking him on was one that I feared on many levels.  But something about him over road in my mind all apprehension.

When I met him for the first time at Dulles International Airport's cargo warehouse, I knew I would love him with all my heart.  By the time we got back to Takoma Park and "our" home, I knew he would love me, too.

There is no thing that I will not do for him and he understands that.  He trusts me to the point that he asks very little of me.  But when he asks I know it's because he needs what he's asking for.  When I ask anything of him, he enthusiastically responds.

What is better than taking a nap on a lazy cool autumn Saturday afternoon entwined in a fleece blanket with your faithful companion snuggled in as tight as he can be against you?  NOTHING.  NOT a single GODDAMN thing.  Never has been.  Never will be.  Just sayin'.

No comments: