Saturday, July 25, 2015

Cauliflower Florentine Casserole


I had a head of cauliflower and I wanted to make something different with it for dinner. This is what I came up with: Cauliflower Florentine casserole. Not only can I make up good tasting food, I can give it a fancy name! (I served it with some homemade coleslaw on the right side of the plate.)
This is how I made it:

I mixed up: 

1 can condensed Cream of Onion Soup
1 8 oz container Sour Cream
1 pkg frozen Creamed Spinach (thawed but not reheated)

Added in this order: 

Some grated Colby Jack Cheese--I dunno maybe 3 oz? (I only buy block cheese, btw because companies add cellulose to pre-grated cheese to keep it from clumping in the bags and then charge you 50% more for the sawdust...)
Half a little box of Orzo pasta (cooked)
1 Ham Steak cubed
1 lrg head of Cauliflower cut into bite sizes and blanched

All mixed into a covered casserole dish, topped with those Cheddar Cheese Fried Onions and baked for 45 minutes at 325˚.

No comments: