Thursday, July 02, 2015

Yellow Squash Corn Hot Dish


Tonight I just made something up. Lets call it Yellow Squash Corn Hot DIsh!--just because I think that sounds fun.

I fried up two large yellow squash and then used them to form layers. I filled the layers with yellow and white corn, jalapeno pepper, celery and scallions mixed with an Alfredo sauce. And cheddar cheese. I layered it like this: 1-squash, 2-corn mixture, 3 cheese, 4-squash, 5-corn mixture, 6 cheese, 7-the remaining 7 medallions of squash. Then I ground a little fresh black pepper on top. I baked it for an hour at 350. You could probably do less. I intended 45 minutes and loss track of time. The extra baking time didn't seem to hurt the outcome.

And when I say that I fried the squash that means that I breaded it and sauteed it in olive oil first.

No comments: