Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Country Cut Pork with Peaches

 First assembled the ingredients:
- package of country cut pork marinated in Hunt's BBQ sauce
- two large carrots sliced into diagonal medallions
- two large peaches peeled and sliced
- 3 tblsp butter (unsalted)
- fresh black pepper
- 4 large scallions sliced into diagonal medallions
- generous portion of fresh ginger root cut into slivers
- maple syrup
- brandy
- fresh thyme

When making something for the first time, I always get all the ingredients ready first to help me better gage the timing.
 First, I melted the butter on medium heat and added the carrots and ginger (and then a little more butter). I covered the skillet and let it simmer for about 2 minutes.
 Next, I ground some fresh black pepper onto the carrots and added the scallions.
 Followed by most of the peaches.

The peaches I chose were well colored and firm. You don't want to cook with ripe peaches or hard green ones. To peel the skin I placed them in boiling water for just over a minute. Let them cool for another couple of minutes and then just peeled the skin off like nothing.
 Lastly, I arranged the meat on top, added the remaining slices of peach and the fresh thyme. The final act was to combine 2 tblsps of brandy and 1/3 cup of maple syrup and pour all around the meat on the peaches to join the butter in flavoring and steaming the ingredients. I baked it in an oven preheated to 425˚ F. 20 minutes covered with a glass lib and 30 more uncovered.

Served with cous cous. Completely delicious!

No comments: