Saturday, August 01, 2015

Home Improvement Throwback: Screen Porch to Sunroom!

 When I first bought my home back in 1994, it was a typical Takoma Park, Maryland home.  Classic-Federalist style with a sort of symmetrical design.  Garage/driveway on one side, covered porch on the other.  It was also built in 1942 and would need serious care sooner than later...  By 2007, the porch was in serious need.
 So I began re-imagining it and even made this façade illustration in my process of securing a contractor to effect the necessary repairs and change.
 The process began in May of 2007 and lasted through early August.  It went from a porch enclosed with aluminum screen doors attached to 2x4's to a fully enclosed, year around room with electrical and heat.
 It's not a wide space by any means, and so I determined early on to make it's center piece of furnishing a suspended bench swing.  I bought the one pictured above from Crate & Barrel.
So now I can lay upon it and read away a lazy summer afternoon only to gaze over my shoulder to the gardens beyond.  Best investment ever!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I appreciate that keeping a clean home can be generally an impossible and Cleaning services London Its very good and very excellent article. i really enjoyed this post and i hope you will keep posting this kinds of post in future.