Wednesday, December 23, 2015

"Christmas In The Country"


Today's Holiday Book is "Christmas In The County" by Cynthia Rylant with lovely illustrations by Diane Goode. I share this one in honor of all my Librarian friends (Cynthia not only has written over 50 books, won the Newbery Prize, but she's also a librarian). And this story is one close to my heart. As a child I also returned to the Appalachian Mountains to spend the holidays with my grandparents (and then my grandmother) every year. In this story she shares memories of her childhood Christmases with her grandparents. Decorating (both outside and inside), singing with the carols with the Christmas choir, opening presents, and entertaining neighbors with an afternoon of deserts and cheer are some of the traditions illustrated in this book. Published in 2002.




No comments: