Saturday, January 12, 2008

Album Portraits


albumportraits
Originally uploaded by Randuwa
I happened upon this phenom this evening as I was waiting for my image conduit website (flickr.com) to return online after maintainance activities. It’s called “Album Portraits” Of the four presented here (Terence T. D’Arby, Madonna, Daddy Yankee, and Willie Nelson) the lamest one is mine! Yea, it’s “Daddy Yankee” placed over a favorite photo of me taken at a Baltimore Orioles baseball game back in 2005.

As to the choice of albums, Daddy Yankee was a natural. I really love reaggeton. And no artists of this genre are more famous, prolific, or talented than the Borico Boys known as “Daddy Yankee”. Furthermore, my recent trips to Nicaragua have not only introduced me to an amazing people and a beautiful nation, but also a nickname. I am “Daddy Yankee” to half-a-dozen beautiful young men in Managua.

It’s a playful and generous monocre from men whose inherent joy, courage, intelligence, and beauty I admire deeply.

No comments: