Saturday, January 26, 2008

What I'm Watching #130


sordidlives
Originally uploaded by Randuwa
The second feature was "Sordid Lives." Originally a stage play in four acts. As a movie, it often plays like theatre where dialogue trumps everything else. As a movie, it's low, LOW, budget (there's a scene early on where the boom mike swims across the top of the screen!) The cast is almost the same as the stage actors with four additions: Bonnie Bedilia, Beau Bridges, Delta Burke, and Olivia Newton John.

And here's the other thing, It's really funny. Amazing performances by Beth Grant and Leslie Jordan cap the fun. My ex- recommended this film to me, and I'm so glad he did. It's supposed to be about Texas, but I swear I can see these people from my days in Kentucky, too!

It's a great set a character's, an actor's tour de force!

Check it out.

No comments: