Monday, April 05, 2010

Pansymania!

Pansy may be a term to describe a weak person, but it is not a weak flower. In fact, Pansies are one of the most sturdy, weather tolerant, and resilient flowers in the gardener's repertoire.

Case in point: I purchased these blue pansies back in October of 2009, but never managed to plant them. So they survived this incredible winter in the plastic pots in which they were purchased. It included weeks and weeks buried under snow that at times accumulated to depths of 30". And now here they are!~resurrected and blooming to beat the band.

Here's a really interesting cultivar and extra curly pansies.














And this image greets me whenever I enter or exit my kitchen door. They are an amazing bunch of red/burgundy and yellow/cream colored pansy wonder.










Finally, I share this terra cotta bundle of white/ purple wild violas. Pansy's natural relative, I found this one amongst it's purple cousins 2 years ago. I moved it to this pot and here 3 years on, it's taken over the real estate in style.

I love pansies.

No comments: