Saturday, April 03, 2010

What I'm Watching #233

Imagine your best friend dying in a car crash and then discovering that unbeknown to you, he has a friend coming all the way from Italy to visit. A friend that he met over a year before on the Internet. And then decide to invited this friend to keep his visit by staying with you. Toss in a handful of regrets, a cup of sexual tension and a benign step-sister for a mild distraction; place the whole repast in Dallas, bake on low for 84 minutes: And you get the premise behind "Ciao".

Written by co-star Alessandro Calza and director Yen Tan, it was one of the most maudlin and languorous movies I've ever had the patience to drag myself through. I mean how boring must a movie be when you fast forward through the sex scenes that have been the only reason that you held on for the past 75 minutes? And the piano's plaintive accompaniment was like some totally predictable and annoying broth ladled over the stewing mass with liberal regularity. Two thumbs down.

And YES, I'm on my diet again. What of it!?

No comments: