Saturday, May 29, 2010

Late May Garden Thoughts #1

Kinda of hard to see in this photo, I have this volunteer flower that formed a rather lacey leaf clump last year, and this year has produces this 6 foot tall hyper-blooming version of Queen's Anne Lace! Any thoughts? It's not like any Queen Anne's Lace I've ever seen before....

UPDATE [30MAY10]: It's (or it was) actually poison Hemlock! How very strange that it found it's way into my gardens. I've never seen it anywhere around here before....


I'd love some help in identifying this plant. I rescued it from over-achiever parent volunteers at my school who were hellbent on removing all of the "weeds" from a Maryland Wildflower bed at my school last year--don't get me started... It survived the move and remained a base of beautiful veiny leafed variegation. Now it's grown tall and blossomed. What is it?

I had originally chosen this portion of my gardens to create an "Herb Garden" in, but it never really worked out. So I settle for a rosemary bush (Rosemary, garlic whipped potatoes--to die for, trust me!), and a cluster of containers which are alive with mint (orange & pineapple), basil, and parsley (flat and curly leafed). I have separate colonies of sage, marjoram, fennel, and thyme.

No comments: