Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sunday, Lazy Sunday

Spent the day keeping my carbon footprint low. Brunched on sauteed asparagus tips with cherry tomatoes, over which I scrambled an egg and then folded it into an omelet with asiago cheese. That was sweet (well, actually quite savory!). I don't often give myself a proper breakfast.

I had some plants to toss in here and there around the garden and a pot over burdened with some tropicals on the sun porch that I liberated and dealt with in various ways. By mid-afternoon I was camped out under the red umbrella on my deck in the back reading and day dreaming.... Still nursing "Remarkable Creatures" by Tracy Chavelier. The first chapter was such magical poetry that the rest of the book has been more disappointing. Not bad, and not uninteresting, just not nearly as well written. So I'll get there eventually; managed to polish off another 60 pages between day dreams, about 110 to go.

No comments: